Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We celebrate equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. We embrace these pillars of excellence as crucial to healthy people and healthy communities.
- Core values are strengthened when all community members have voice and are encouraged to contribute.
- Every member of humanity has a contribution to make to the whole. It is our duty to encourage and promote that contribution.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion are an active process that requires continuous commitment to promote healthy people, healthy communities, and the overall success of present and future generations.
Our values are realized through or by:
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness among individuals and groups.
- Offering services and community programs that promote social justice and diversity; address issues related, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, national origin, veteran status, social economic class, religion, and professional status.
- Actively building a community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Providing effective leadership in the development, coordination, implementation, and assessment of a comprehensive array of programs and services to promote diversity and understanding of differences.
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Identifying competencies that are essential to creating environments enriched with diverse views and people.
- Providing educational opportunities toward the development of socially responsible leaders who are willing to engage in the discourse and decision-making that can lead to transformational change toward learning, achievement, healthy people, and healthy communities.
- Honoring freedom of expression, ideals of citizenry, and civility of discourse as fundamental to communal, personal, professional, and organizational growth.
- Challenging and dismantling systemic oppression.
- Reaching beyond Healing Arts North, PLLC establish beneficial relationships with individual and institutional partners who share mutual goals and interests.