A life coach is a type of wellness professional who helps people make progress in their lives in order to attain greater fulfillment. Life coaches aid their clients in improving their relationships, careers, and day-to-day lives.
Life coaches can help you clarify your goals, identify the obstacles holding you back, and then come up with strategies for overcoming each obstacle.
What is Life Coaching and how is it different from Therapy?
Life coaches help the clients they work with a focus on identifying and moving towards personal and, at times, professional goals. Through focused coaching support, clients can learn healthy and helpful ways of navigating challenges in creating a life they feel excited about.
It may be interesting to learn that life coaching is rooted in clinical theory, often drawing on the work of Dr. Carl Rogers, Dr. Alfred Adler, and Dr. Carl Jung.
Rogers, Adler, and Jung saw individuals as fully capable artists of their lives and frequently involved their clients in goal setting and life planning. These are all tenets and approaches in today’s life coaching methods.
Coaching takes the best of those approaches, along with a new type of assistance for clients, such as:
- Working with the client to help them define life dreams and goals.
- Formulating a plan that will foster and grow the client’s skills and talents.
- Helping the client navigate difficult challenges in reaching their goals.
- Teaching tools and providing materials to assist the client.
- Helping the client with focus and accountability
- Providing structure, encouragement, and support
- Providing intentional and empathetic listening
Healing Arts North, PLLC offers life coaching services to those who are seeking an alternative to traditional therapy.